So let’s learn to love…
In conclusion to the “Love is…” series we come to the last part of the verse and it ends with a bang! Love never fails! How is that for assurance? There is not much in life that we can point to with the confidence that it can’t fail. But LOVE…NEVER….FAILS, and that is great news.
How often have we heard, “I don’t love you anymore” from the mouth of someone we know? Then I would argue that there never was love to begin with. Emotional attachment, yes, but not true love. Love never goes away. Love keeps on in the darkest hour. When you love someone you do not stop loving because they don’t measure up, or because they change, or because the “feelings” might temporarily be gone. Everyone one of us is tested in our love walk and many times it includes continuing to give when you aren’t being loved in return, True love is indeed eternal and never ends because it is a state of mind and not a fleeting moment of passion.
From the Strong’s Hebrew and Greek dictionaries we learn that the root for the word “fail’ means to drop away, specifically be driven out of one’s course, figuratively to lose, to become inefficient; be cast, fail, fall (away, off), take none effect. Now we can interpret the verse this way: Love will never drop away, it can never be driven out of your life, it can never lose its effects in our lives, it will never become inefficient, and it can never be cast out, fail, fall away, or be of no effect. The results of someone loving you will create a life giving source that keeps on giving! It will in time soften the hardest heart.
The good news is that, God is love and love never fails. God never fails. He will never leave us or forsake us because he is love. When we grow in God we can (and should) become that same steadfast assurance for others that proves the love of God, hence changes lives. It never, never, fails.
No More Lists: 1Co 13:4-8 (ISV) Love is always patient; love is always kind; love is never envious or arrogant with pride. Nor is she conceited, and she is never rude; she never thinks just of herself or ever gets annoyed. She never is resentful; is never glad with sin; she’s always glad to side with truth, and pleased that truth will win. She bears up under everything; believes the best in all; there is no limit to her hope, and never will she fall. Love never fails.
Who do you know that needs to see your love in action?
A Social Experiment Challenge
If we only hear words and do not apply them to our lives they produce nothing. I would like to propose everyone reading this love series participate with me in a 30 day love challenge. At the end of the 30 days send me the results that you recognize because of your actions. Here we go:
1. Love is patient – For three days concentrate on an area in your life that you need patience in and refuse to fret or attempt to force it.
2. Love is kind – For three days refuse to get in an argument with anyone over anything, rather do something good for that person.
3. Love does not envy – For three days practice supporting someone that has something you desire. Are yo happy for them? Do you feel yourself turning green? You’ll be amazed at what surfaces when you focus on “not” envying.
4. Love does not boast – For three days no not tell anyone about anything good you have done.
5. Love does not dishonor others – For three days refuse to speak ill of anyone no matter the offense or the crime. Post only uplifting comments to your social media pages. Refuse to oppose anyone in word, rather write something positive in response to those posts you just can’t resist commenting on.
6. Love is not self-seeking – For three days check your motive in everything you do.
7. Love does not keep account of wrongs – For three days let go of anything that anyone has done to harm you and strive to really forgive and release them.
8. Love always protects – For three days go to bat for someone that needs your support whether they have earned it or not.
9. Love trusts, hopes, and perseveres – For three days don’t give up on on thing that is bringing discouragement to you, rather press forward in a creative way.
10.Love never fails – For three days make one person that needs to see love in action a recipient of your love.
If you take on this challenge, please contact me and let me know how this affected your life,or the lives of those you interacted with.
God bless you,